Monday, October 20, 2008

Princess Buttercup

So we did the Halloween costume thing this weekend. The best costumes the kids have ever had were ones Carol made. She made them last year (witch and cat) and a few years ago (Cinderella and Snow White). They are amazing.

Carol was actually away for a bit this weekend, so my solution to the costume thing was to drive past the fabric store on my way to Walmart. Our choices up here are basically Old Navy (only had costumes for really young kids), Fred Meyer and Walmart. Walmart had the best selection, so Sam Walton got our dollar (he definitely needs a few more). The girls had both initially decided on High School Musical costumes, but they were a little flimsy. I showed them a few other outfits and Beth finally decided on Cleopatra and Isabel decided to be a bride. Owen wanted to be a knight complete with sword and battle axe.

The day after the costume adventure, the kids wanted to put on a play. I had a Prince Charming outfit I got for Christmas a couple of years ago and Beth somehow talked me in to putting it on. It's actually pretty fun to dress up with them and for those of you with daughters, I do recommend a prince outfit of some kind...very useful on many occasions.

Anyway, the play was a success and Beth somehow talked me in to videoing it and so I thought I'd post it here for your entertainment. Look out Broadway!


7 comments:

ghd3 said...

Sound like fun. No video, though... will look forward to it.

Tom said...

Sorry about that. I had to convert to a different format to get it to upload. It should be up now (for better or worse).

Bella said...

tom, you are theeee best dad ever!!!!!! that just made my day!

Carol said...

I miss you all! I can't wait to get home and see the play in person. You look so cute!

Maggie, Drue, Salem, Sutton, & Xander said...

BRAVO!!! Princess Buttercup is one of our all-time favorite characters!

Mom/Gram said...

Nothing like dressing up. After seeing the pictures of Owen as Ariel,one of my friends mentioned that her 3 1/2 year old nephew's favorite dress up was Ariel. But it sounds as if Owen has abandoned Ariel in favor of the Knight in Shining Armor. (couldn't see the video yet)

Maama and Papop said...

Love that video! Fodder for yet another book, Beth. We love you and appreciate the updates.